6 Easy Steps for Abdominal Breathing
1. Lie on your back on a floor or in bed, with your eyes closed. This is best basic position for first timer. Try to relax your muscle and let your body sink into the floor or in bed.
2. Place one hand on your upper chest and the other just below your belly. This will allow you to feel your diaphragm move as you breathe.
3. Breathe in slowly through your nose so that your stomach moves out against your hand.
4. Hold your breath for one second after slow inhale through your nose.
5. Tighten your stomach muscles, letting them fall inward as you exhale through your nose as deep as possible.
6. Gradually increase the amount of the time you spend doing the breathing exercise but at first 5-10minutes about 6-8 times a day.
**Make sure to close your mouth and have tip of your tongue touching the palate (roof of your mouth) and the hand on your chest should remain as still as possible at all times during the exercise